Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year


The Most Wonderful Time of the Year -  My canister is inspired by the song The Most Wonderful time of the year by the late Andy Williams.

My project is a recycled Cyrstal Light canister. I have made one of these for each of the adult males in my family. I have filled each of them with a telescoping mirror (perfect for looking under a car without having to bend down,) and candy.
 
 
My image is by Praire Fairy, who is our sponsor at One Stop Craft Challenge this week. Our challenge is to make something Christmas Song Inspired.
 
 
The image was colored with Copics and inked with Vintage Photo distress ink.
 

The top of the lid was colored with a permanet marker. The pom pom trim was added using Score Tape.
 
 
The top of the canister was trimed with a yarn that was also applyed using Score Tape. I used hemp cord to tie the charm to the yarn.
 


 
The rosetta was made with a Tim Holtz die and a large gemstone.
 

 
My designer paper is Afternoon Muse by Glitz  The trim at the bottom is a MS punch.
 

I used a different charm for each of the guys.


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, I never would have known this was a recycled canister. Awesome, and I love the gift idea (men are SO hard to buy for!!!)

    I am stopping by from the One Stop Craft Challenge (I've decided to participate this time too).

    Hugs,
    antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete