Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Group Photo

 Group Photo - Today's post is about the page that I designed for my crop group. This group of ladies have met together every Wednesday for more that 10 years to craft together. I feel very privilaged to have such a caring and talented group of friends.

For Christmas, we have a little party and take a group photo. This year I designed the page for that photo. Our party activity is to make the page for that special photo.

Unfortunitly, it did not photo graph to well. The lights bleached out the colors a lot. In real life the colors are rich with a lot of depth to them.



My base paper is Creative Imaginations. I topped it with a piece of red cardstock, then added 6 snowflakes that were cut with my Cricut and the Basic Cake cartridge. I added clear gemstones to the center of each snowflake.


I used a petaloo flower and cut silver vellum with a CL holly die. The red glittery wire was wrapped around a thin stick Skewer.


For the poinsettia spray, I used the CL holly vine again. The poinsettias were cut with a SB die, then inked with Peeled Paint distress inks. I shaped and stacked them. The centers were made with a kiwi, Viva Decor pearl pens.


I added a couple more of the sparkly wires here, as well.

I finished off the page with a line of gemstone trim and the year cut from my Cricut using the Elegant Cake font. I added a few gemstones to add more bling.

Dutch Dare-Card Challenges #190 My favorite things on this page are: Gemstones, SB, Viva Decor pearl pen
Paper Play Challenges #45 Snowflakes
Fussy and Fancy Challeng #75 Pearls and Flowers
The Pink Elephant Challenge - Scrapbook challenge #33 sketch
Stampin Sisters in Christ - #164 Broken/ Put back together - SHHH - I cut the paper, then changed my mind and put it back together, the blue, blink trim is hiding my seam.

6 comments:

  1. A lovely card, it's a pitty you cannot see him as he really is, but what we see is nice. Thanks for sharing at Dutch Dare Card Challenge. Love Marijke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a brilliant idea! Stunning project, I just love your handmade flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to add, thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a beautiful page, i love the traditional colours. how lovely that the laies have been crafting together for such a long time. i would love to have someone to craft with.
    thank you for sharing this with us at fussy and fancy challenge blog and here's to another 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great layout! Lovely details!
    Thanks for joining DDCC! Lilia DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) There are no mistakes....only opportunities!! A great way to hide your change of plans! Thanks for joining us at SSIC this week!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete