Friday, August 24, 2012

Silver


Silver - I can already feel the changing of the season and with the draught and high temperatures, it is a welcome relief.

The challenge at Alphabet Challenge Blog is O for ONE color plus white. I went with a Christmas card for this challenge. I love white on white, but they all seem to turn out to be wedding cards and I wanted to be a little different.

My DP is actually silver vellum that I ran through the CB. I don't know who made the embossing folder that I used. I know that it is not CB; as it is blue.

The envelope looking flap is a snowflake shaped paper. I just cut off one of the points. The snowflake garland is from the Seasonal Shoppe.


This flower spray is made up of several elements: a feather, a Cheery Lynn holly die cut twice - once with cardstock and once with waxpaper, 3 silver flowers and 3 beaded stick pins. Everything is held together with slate baker's twine.


I added gemstones to complete the card.

Sketchy Colors sketch #127
Stamp With Fun #175 bling
Shopping Our Stash #65 Use any sketch and link to it - I used Sketchy Colors sketch #127
Ribbon Carousel Challenge #67 Emboss - twine around flower spray
Paper Take Weekly #77 pins and needles - I used 2 stick pins
Crafty Creations Challenges #184 Gems and Twine - the twine is around the flower spray
Divas by Design Challenge #49 Anything goes
Cute Card Thursday #231 Bling

12 comments:

  1. Mari, this is stunning!!

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card! i really like the idea. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Beautiful!!
    Thanks for joining usat Sketchy Colors!!
    Hugs, Jannhild

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! So pretty, and I agree that white-on-white tends to scream WEDDING! :)

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card! Thank you so much for entering our challenges at Sketchy Colors!
    Hugs, Lena Katrine

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card,so elegant!

    Many thanks for joining in the
    ♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
    this week! Have a great weekend ♥Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card - great creation. Wonderful design. Thanks for joining Stamp with Fun.
    Big hug
    Andrea-Emmi41

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow! really stunning creation! Love all the little details!
    Thank you for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, absolutely stunning!! Thank you for playing along with us at PTW :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card.Thanks for joining us this time at Diva's.
    Hugs
    JAyne

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card. I love White on White and you surely did it justice. I'm glad I found your blog page, you do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete