Monday, July 9, 2012

Howdy


Howdy - Wohoo! Another challenge at Seems a Little Sketchy!!!  The sketch this time was girly, so I decided to change it up and make it Masculine! I used an adorable little cowboy image from Ai Factory, who is our sponsor for this challenge.


Jen make the most fabulous sketches for us to use and true to form I turned it. I don't know if you have noticed, but I always turn the sketch before I start working to see to decide which way I want to do the sketch. It seems that I always forget to turn it back before I post it here on my blog.


I am so behind in my scrap booking and this sketch was a good one to work with. My DP's are Kaleidoscope by MME. I used my Cricut to cut the shape. I used the Gypsy Wandering cartridge.

All of the DP's were inked with Peacock feathers distress inks. It is in the spring color pack.


My sweet little cowboy is Ai Factory's image. It is a good buy, as there are several images in this set. I used only 3, but there were more.

My images were colored with Copics on Neenha Smooth Solor White Classic Crest. I like the way the markers glide across the paper.


Here is the cactus. Isn't it fun?


The circle are a series of punches by CM. I off set them and used star brads to hold them together.
This added interest to what could have been rather dull. (This is my tip for Top Tip Tuesday.)

Here is the star, another image in the Ai Factory set.

The sentiment/title was cut again using my Cricut. This time I used the Old West cartridge. I cut the shadow feature twice; as with the red it got lost, adding the blue helped it stand out a little more.

I just wanted to leave you with the photo on this page. It is me holding my grandson Jace in the NICU. He had to stay there for a week and I spent a lot of time in that chair rocking him. Jace is now almost 3 years old and is a strong, healthy little boy.

Top Tip Tuesday #80 Men (Tip)
Fab N Funky Challenges #128 Stars and Stripes - brad stars in circles, stipes in DP
Belli Challenge #147 Stars - brads
Stampin Sisters In Christ #147 1 Circle, 2 different papers and 1 embellishment

8 comments:

  1. A fabulous layout, Mari. I like the way that you have left the sketch in the position that you've used it. It makes it so much easier to see how you have arranged all the elements. A little trick I might borrow sometime :o)

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a precious way to use this sketch and the great cowboy digis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout Mari and I love the cowbow...perfect for little boys. Thanks so much for sharing your precious pictures with us at Fab N Funky this week. pat k.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous photograph and I love the way you've displayed it on the page - the sentiment is just perfect - thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! I'm also behind in scrapbooking ;) your page is an inspiration! Congratulations on such a sweet baby boy. I'm glad is growing healthy and strong.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is precious! Little man Jace looks adorable and I love that you flipped the feminine aspects of a sketch to meet the masculine needs for the picture. Looks wonderful. :)

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
    Have a great one!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun LO!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday; hope to see you often:0)

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mari, what a sweet photo and adorable page layout! Love your coloring of that little cowboy digi too!
    ~Sandy, SALS Design Team
    sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete