Thursday, November 17, 2011

Carousel Steps

Carousel Steps - Today's challenge at Sew Many Challenges is stair step cards. This one is a side step card. If you don't know how to make one of these, there are some great tutorials on them. I went to many different ones; as I was making this card.

My DP is DCWV All Dressed Up. I love this color combo. The blue is such an awesome blue and I love the glitter in the paper. My sentiment is Hot Off the Press. I added 2 gemstones and two bows with pearls.
My image is Carousel Zee by Sew Many Cards. Angela is the creative artist behind Sew Many Cards. She has some really cute images.

Zee is colored with Copics and I added some Stickles to the canopy. The black swirls are a Studio G stamps and I used my black pearl pen by Viva Decor.
My second card uses the new dollar deal. This image of pies was so fun to color.

My DP is ARD All Through the Year. My punch is a MS. Stamp is Autumn Leaves and was cut with a Spell Binders.
I added some "sugar" to the top of the pies.

Stair Step Card:
Paper Sundaes #95 Digi Images
Do You Stack Up #46 Splash of Blue

Pie Card:
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #138 Punch It!
Anything Challenge #54 Food Related
The Play Date Cafe #108 Maroon, Copper, and Tumeric

13 comments:

  1. Oooh they look good enough to eat! Fab colouring, they look so real!
    Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes
    Hugs Kat xx
    Ps
    I have blog candy up for grabs
    http://craftykatdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card. I really like to image - so sweet. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... your stair step card is fabulous, beautiful, gorgeous! The pies card is pretty cute too (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1st- is absolutely gorgeous card!
    Love the design and the stamp is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome side step card! Love the rich colors and the zebra carousel is adorable! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly love these cards, lovely colours and just the right amount of glitter, thank you for joining us at stamptacular this week, you should also join in on the copic sites too colour me creative and copic challenge, colouring is great

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome stepcard Mari, very gorgeous, love those colours and all the glitter, cute cute cute
    thanks for joining our challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda
    DYSU DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pies look real! Fab card. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I really like the way you paired the zebra with the swirls! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards, stunning step card such awesome detail! and great image and colours - This card would be perfect for our More than 1 fold at Top Tip Tuesday!! hope you can share your fab creation there too! (TTT Designer) :0)


    Your 2nd card! Ohhhhh yum yum!! 3 pies... Ohhh feeling hungry now! great take on the Anything goes challenge thanks for joining us for our a real sweetie challenge this week, hugs Samantha (Guest Designer) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cards! I just adore those sugared pies on our take! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab cards. It looks like you would have had fun making those little cakes! I love how you've added the sugar to them, really fun! Thanks for joining in with us over at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete