Sunday, June 19, 2011

Vanessa


Vanessa - This was the final card for the fun activities week that we had at Michelle Perkett's group on Paper Craft Planet. This challenge was the one hour challenge using any MP image with a quote. Being the event coordinator, I did have more than one hour to make my card. And boy did I need more than an hour. LOL I am exhausted after our fun, full week.

This image is Vanessa, by the fabulous Michelle Perkett. She made this one as a gift to me. If you look at the bottom right hand corner, you will see my name. Michelle added my name to the image. How cool is that!

I used Copics to color the image and the sparkly heart in her dress was colored using a pink Spica pen. I used my Sakura pen to trace around the flowers on her dress, and using a technique that I learned during a make and take at the convention, I smudged it with my finger.


My Dp is from my scrap drawer. I don't remember who made it. I used some heart lace and weaved a thin strip of the gemstone paper through it. The big pink flower is Recollections. The other two flowers are Prima's. I airbrushed the brown, then stacked another Prima on it. I quilled a punched swirl for the center of the flowers. The little buds on the ends of my flower spray are buds that I cut off a bush.

Sweet Sketch Wednesday # 106 Sketch
Cute Card Thursday #169 Birthstones Mine is opal often pink
Southern Girls Challenge #21 anything goes




9 comments:

  1. Well you had me at John Lennon first of all, but then all of the pure gorgeousness captured my heart from there! This is absolutely beautiful!

    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous! I love all the detail work you have added. Beautiful color scheme and embellies. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card! How fun to have a personalize image! I'm sure you will cherish this one too! Thanks for joining us again at SSW!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love that MP image and your coloring is stunning. This is so beautiful, especially with all the floral embellishments. So glad you've joined the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge. Hope you'll return next time too.
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your card, this image is really sweet and your colouring is lovely but you floral embellishments have taken my breath away. Awesome job and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck. Please come and join us again.
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning! Beautiful image & gorgeous little flowers. Thanks so much for playing along this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

    Genevieve DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mari, your stuff is always amazing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow such a gorgeous card. Love that image and sweet flowers. Have a sweet week. Arlana@SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is absolutely stunning!! Gorgeous image, wonderful papers, and lovely flowers add up to this elegant creation. Thanks for joining us at SSW.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete