Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Deco Butterfly Bling

Deco Butterfly Bling - Michelle Perkett has a new twist on her images. This one is Deco Birthday Lady. I love the flapper look of these images. Can't you just see her in the roarin 20's handing out this little gift?
I colored her with Copics' and added some Stickles to the butterfly in her hand, her hair and the big butterfly at her waist. I distressed the image with Antique linen distress ink and I roughed up the image, DP and the card stock to give it a more vintage look.

The lace has some pale pink beads sewn into it. It really glistens in real life. I also added 2 gemstone butterflies that I picked up at the Easter clearance last spring.


The DP is Fiskars. I didn't even realize that they made DP. I picked up a package that contained 25 sheets of the same paper at Big Lots. I use only about 3 sheets a year, so that all of my cards don't look the same and I also used this SP for one of my classes, which is why I am willing to buy such a large pack of the same paper. I fanned a strip of the DP to make the embellishment. The challenge this week at Michelle Perkett Studio is to use one of Michelle's images and to add bling. Come and join us there. If you don't have any of Michelle's images. You can get a Freebie at one of her groups.

15 comments:

  1. OMG... Mari... what a stunning card you made. That folded paper that way with the print like that. It's so so amazing. Thanks for joining our challenge this week.
    Hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mari, your card is so pretty! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Mari! I love the papers and that fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card. Gorgeous colors and chic image. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi mari, this is also wonderful, very elegant! thanks again for joining us at DYSU! janna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, love the lace and your coloring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Mari, the DP is great, love those checkers
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Mari this is stunning and love the colouring you did the image is perfect, funny I was looking at this image last night and thought shall I buy and then decided not too, but seeing what you did with I just might have to, love it.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. now that's clever :-)

    kitten - DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card! Love all of the butterflies on her dress and the accent pieces that you have used really set off the image! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, really beautiful! Those butterfly embellies are just perfect with her dress :-)
    thanks for sharing with us at MPS
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mari, love this card. Fabulous coloring job, too. I love the harlequin paper that you chose to back the image and the flower element on the side. Great job with the sketch challenge. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  13. so cool! Great papers and I love the pleated semi-circle!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Mari, this is stunning! I love all the bling and your coloring is gorgeous! Love the butterflies and the fan, too, such perfect vintage touches! Thank you for joining our All that Bling Challenge this week, Mari!

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete